Oeurve

Word of the day: Oeurve

Context: In this view, the transformation and revitalization oa a culture into something more fitting to our human endowments is the principal task facing conservatives and conservatism, and Russell Kir's oeuvre needs to be rean in the lng , an not as guidebook .....

Source: National Review; p 43. Dec. 7,2015; Rediscovering Kirk, by Wilfred McClay.

Oeurve:  oeu·vre, /ˈəvrə,ˈo͞ovrə/,  noun: oeuvre; plural noun: oeuvres, the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively. "the complete oeuvre of Mozart."
 
Comment: I came across this word in the above context about three months ago when I started the process of  looking up every word I could not define.  It is somewhat astonishing that at the time I did not know this word because I have since encounters it perhaps a dozen times. I had probably encountered it hundreds of times before looking it up and it never registered with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elegiac

About Rod's word of the day

Spenglerian